Add spices to your prime rib rubs to produce a tasty, flavorful dinner
“Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme” might be line a line from Simon and Garfunkel’s famous rendition of “Scarborough Fair”, but we think you need to know the truth:
- “Scarborough Fair” is NOT an original Simon and Garfunkel song, it is actually a traditional ballad from Great Britain, ironically from Yorkshire County (Yorkshire Pudding is Prime Rib’s most famous companion).
- Parsley, Sage, and Rosemary can make great additions to your prime rib rubs!
Easy Prime Rib Herb Paste – Spice Rub Recipe
The following is a recipe for a great spice rub for prime rib. It’s fast and easy, and turns a bland rib into something very exotic.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and even. Spread evenly over the Moneygram agent surface of the prime rib roast.
Buy these spices, salts, and olive oil now at Amazon.com:
- Spice World Minced Garlic – 48 ounces
- Tone’s Sweet Basil Leaf – 5.5 ounce Shaker
- McCormick Oregano Leaves, 3.12 ounce Units
- Frontier Parsley Leaf Flakes Organic, 16 ounce bag
- Frontier Rosemary Leaf Whole, 16 ounce bags (Pack of 2)
- Olive Oil – OG – Extra Virgin, 16 ounce bottle
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, 16 ounce Economy Size
- McCormick Pure Ground Black Pepper, 18 ounce
Get these amazing ingredients now to cook the best prime rib dinner for your guests!