Baltimore, Maryland was founded in 1729, and has been one of the country’s largest cities ever since. Today it is known as “a city of neighborhoods”, with more than 70 unique areas each with their own culture and ethnicity. Sports fans will know the NFL Baltimore Ravens (Super Bowl XLVII 2013 Champions) and the Baltimore Orioles with now retired third baseman Cal Ripken, Jr. Baltimore is a great town to visit, and has its own distinct dialect: don’t be surprised if you hear locals referring to the city as “balmer” in some areas, while “baldamore” in others. The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra calls this city home, in addition to the Maryland Film Festival, and Peabody Institute, part of the Johns Hopkins University (one of the city’s top employers). The last Civil War era floating vessel, the USS Constellation, remains docked in this historic port city. Visit “B’More”, “The City of Firsts”, or “Mobtown” 🙂 today!
Hungry for a sandwich and not interested in a greasy hamburger? Have a look at these promotions from the nation’s leading sandwich shops. All are valid for March 2013, and some expire much later. These deals can’t be beat!
“Roast Beef on wheat, American cheese, toasted, then lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, and real mayonaise!”… is what you’ve probably uttered a few times when opting for a sandwich over a fast-food hamburger or chicken meal. Yes, even though restaurants like Subway do prepare their food on the fly, it is markedly healthier compared to more traditional fast food vendors. Conscientious eaters can enjoy a meal that won’t pack on unnecessary pounds or boost unhealthy cholesterol numbers.
March 2013 Sandwich/Hoagie/Grinder Specials at Top Restaurant Chains
*Note: Where indicated, some of these offers expire long after March, so you have plenty of time to get a great sandwich at an amazing price!
- $5 Featured Footlong Sandwich – Ends 5/31/2013 – Enjoy a scrumptious footlong sandwich for just 5 bucks at your nearest Subway. Featured sandwiches may change during the course of the promotion.
- March Everyday Value Subs – Ends 3/31/2013 – A 6 inch Oven Roasted Sandwich costs only $3, while a footlong Buffalo Chicken sandwich is just $6. Chicken is flavorful and much leaner than beef, and Subway’s tasty sauces will delight your palette. $5 footlongs include Black Forest Ham, Veggie Delite, Egg and Cheese, B.L.T., and Cold Cut Combo.
- $3 Breakfast Combo – Ends 5/31/2013 – Get a 6″ Breakfast sandwich and drink of your choice. Subway is rolling out some amazing breakfast specials that will give the burger joints a run for their money!
Firehouse Subs Restaurants*
- Free large drink or Bottled Drink: Join Newsletter – Click Here – Still Active – Visit the link, signup for the newsletter, and get a free drink at Firehouse Subs! Their sandwiches are rich, hearty, and flavorful. Why not get something to drink for FREE?
- Free Large Drink and Chips with a New York Steamer Order on March 17th 2013 ONLY! – Valid only 03/17/2012 – Visit the link, signup for the newsletter, and most of your meal for FREE on March 17th, 2013. The New York Steamer is delectable and mouth-watering.
Quiznos Subs Restaurants*
- $1 Off your Quiznos Order – Click Here – Valid until 03/18/2013 – Quiznos’ toasty subs are already a great deal, so here’s another $1 for nothing!
- Free Small Sub with purchase of one other sub and fountain drink of equal or greater value – Valid until 03/31/2013 – Go to Quiznos with a friend and they can eat for free. Buy one/get one is in full effect!
- $2 Off your next purchase at Quiznos when you join QClub Program – No Expiration (yet) – Quiznos wants you to join its very own QClub, and just for giving it a try, you can get $2 off your next purchase.
- Join Dealspl.us now for various Arby’s Restaurants Promotions and Coupons – No Expiration (yet) – Some websites have exclusive access to special promotions and coupons. You’ll need to signup with Dealspl.us to get Arby’s latest deals. Make sure you fill out the signup form carefully to avoid getting unrelated bulk emails.
We hope you enjoy these great March promotions! Grab a sandwich, chips, and soda for March Madness 2013 and cheer on your favorite college basketball team. Some of these promos expire soon, so get while the getin’ is good!
*Subway, Firehouse Subs, Quiznos, and Arby’s Restaurants are registered trademarks of their respective owners. This article is for informational purposes only. PrimeRibDinner.com was not compensated by any of the aforementioned companies or their subsidiaries for placement within this post. Please visit each company’s website or your closest restaurant for further information.
Starving? Need a REALLY hearty meal? Prime Rib Pizza might be the cure to your hunger. We list links to recipes and great restaurants offering this amazing combo meal!
Prime Rib Pizza is not for the faint of heart or those with limited appetites: you might need your family to help eat this heavy, rich, and tasty combination of meat and pizza. Don’t feel like cooking? No problem, some restaurants are listed below that make their own version of Prime Rib Pizza.
Fair warning: 🙂 This meal will NOT benefit your low calorie diet. It will give your cholesterol medication a run for its money! You might need to exercise for about 10 hours after you eat a single piece of this scumptious pizza.
The following recipe works great with leftover Prime Rib from a dinner party or holiday meal. You might have to vary some of the seasoning in the pizza if your prime rib was prepared with a spicy or distinctive rub. That said, anything tastes good on pizza!
Source: Foodie Journey’s Prime Rib Pizza
Prime Rib Pizza Ingredients
- 1 lb portion of the Master Boule Dough Recipe
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Garlic Butter Zip Sauce
- 1 Recipe for Parsley and Rosemary potatoes – below
- 1 Recipe for Steakhouse Onion Rings – below
- 12 oz (or more) of left over Prime Rib
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cornmeal, Grits, Semolina ( for pizza peel)
- Fresh chopped Parsley for garnish
Ingredients for Parsley and Rosemary Potatoes
- 3 Medium Red Skin Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of good quality Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon of Salt
Preparation Instructions: Foodie Journey lists the ingredients and complete preparation instructions at its website, including pictures of each step in the cooking process. Please see Foodie Journey’s Prime Rib Pizza Page for further information.
Buy Spices at Amazon and they’ll come to your door:
Don’t have time to cook? Just want to order out and enjoy? We’ve got some great restaurants offering Prime Rib Pizza below:
1. Bellefluer Restaurant
5610 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: (760) 603-1919
2. Di Lucca’s Pizzeria and Restaurant
274 Monmouth Rd
Millstone Township, NJ 08510
Phone: (732) 780-8300
3. Anchor Inn Restaurant Fresh Seafood and Prime Rib Pizza
790 E Broadway
Cape Vincent, New York 13618
Phone: (315) 654-3566
Menu: Call or visit for latest Menu Items
Website: Anchor Inn Cape Vincent New York – True Yellow Listing Page
Open for Dinner from 5:00 PM
Please call for current schedule
4. Falcon’s Bar and Grill
The Academy Hotel
8110 N Academy Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Phone: (719) 278-7024
Menu: Falcon’s Bar and Grill Restaurant Menu
Website: Falcon’s Bar and Grill Webpage
Daily 6am – 10pm (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Reservations Highly Suggested
5. Harry and Izzy’s Restaurant – 3 Locations in Indianpolis
153 South Illinois St.
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Phone: (317) 635-9594
Menu: Harry and Izzy’s Restaurant Menu
Website: Harry and Izzy’s Restaurant Website
Monday-Thursday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
Sunday 12:00–9:00 pm
Reservations Highly Suggested, Use Opentable.com – Click Here
Just touched down in a new city on business, and wondering where to get a good meal? Is your family travel-weary and looking for a great beef meal at a reasonable price? Read on: We’ve got the best United States chain restaurants for Prime Rib, Steak, and other popular meats!
Everyone has their favorite steakhouse. In most cases, it is a single-restaurant operation, family owned, and not likely to be found outside your immediate area. So where do you go to get a great steak on the road? We’re glad you asked. PrimeRibDinner.com has put together the following list of casual dining chain restaurants offering scrumptious beef meals that can’t be beat.
1. Texas Roadhouse – Don’t mess with Texas! Forbes magazine rated this restaurant as one of the best chains in the nation for steaks and ribs. Reservations suggested, but not necessary.
Texas Roadhouse Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Texas Roadhouse Location|
|Online Menu||Texas Roadhouse Menu|
2. Carrabba’s Italian Grill – The menu isn’t beef-heavy, but Carrabba’s menu hits the spot. The Filet Fiorentina off the Wood Grill is amazing. Forbes.com give Carrabba’s a nod as one of the USA’s better eateries.
Carrabba’s Italian Grill Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Carrabba’s Italian Grill Location|
|Online Menu||Carrabba’s Italian Grill Menu|
3. Outback Steakhouse – There’s something for everyone at the Outback, one of the Nation’s better known chain restaurants offering casual dining. Food is excellent but not many healthy choices for those counting calories.
Outback Steakhouse Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Outback Steakhouse Location.|
|Online Menu||Outback Steakhouse Menu|
4. Cracker Barrel – Good old fashioned cooking and a friendly atmosphere are hallmarks of the Cracker Barrel chain restaurants. Forbes.com upgraded this chain’s ranking recently – this place is on the up and up!
Cracker Barrel Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Cracker Barrel Location|
|Online Menu||Cracker Barrel Menu|
5. Longhorn Steakhouse – With restaurants in 33 states, there’s a good chance “The Longhorn” is just around the corner. Forbes.com gave this restaurant high marks for quality of food.
Longhorn Steakhouse Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Longhorn Steakhouse Location|
|Online Menu||Longhorn Steakhouse Menu|
6. Golden Corral – Wholesome food, a massive buffet, and self service make this popular chain a winner even the pickiest of eaters. Got Kids? Great: Golden Corral was rated as highly kid friendly by Forbes.com.
Golden Corral Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Golden Corral Location|
|Online Menu||Golden Corral Menu|
7. Applebee’s – Although food taste is middle of the road, Applebee’s speedy service can’t be beat. Plus, there are plenty of things to eat off its diverse menu, including multiple healthy choice entrees.
Applebee’s Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Applebee’s Location|
|Online Menu||Applebee’s Menu|
8. T.G.I. Friday’s Restaurant – This upbeat busy restaurant and bar might not be the quietest place to eat, but if you’re in the mood for a lively atmosphere T.G.I Friday’s is the place to be. Forbes.com also gave this popular chain credit for being family friendly, an important factor for many people eating on the go.
T.G.I. Friday’s Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest T.G.I. Friday’s Location|
|Online Menu||T.G.I. Friday’s Menu|
9. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse – No list of beefy restaurants would be complete without Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. Although slightly smaller compared to some of the other chains, Ruth’s Chris is a meat eater’s paradise. Bring your appetite and a 13 gallon bag for take home leftovers!
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Ruth’s Chris Location|
|Online Menu||Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Menu|
10. Morton’s Steakhouse – The best steak anywhere, and you won’t be disappointed. Morton’s Steakhouse is one of country’s oldest casual dining restaurant chains, serving up good times and delectable food in a fun and engaging atmosphere.
Morton’s Steakhouse Restaurant Info, Location, and Menu
|Zip Code Location Search||Closest Morton’s Steakhouse Location|
|Online Menu||Morton’s Steakhouse Menu|
We hope you enjoy your visit to any of our 10 favorite casual dining restaurant chains, all of which have beef on the menu. Don’t forget: search the web for coupons before you walk in, to see if there are any ways to get a great deal on your dinner. Have fun!
This week we’re reviewing the famous Key Largo Restaurant of San Jose, Costa Rica. This popular tourist attraction is located in the heart of San Jose, a minute’s walk from the famous Horseshoe Casino.
No detail is overlooked in Chef Jorge “El Gordo” Rodriguez’s succulent prime rib, slow roasted to perfection with a touch of Costa Rican flavor.
We sat down at 7:00 PM after enjoying a nice walk through the vibrant downtown section of San Jose, the capital city of Costa Rica. Service was prompt and attentive. Drinks were served within minutes and at reasonable prices.
Key Largo’s menu features a robust selection of soups, appetizers, and entrees. Although we weren’t in the market for a Caesar salad, the hefty 10 oz “Tico” Prime Rib caught our eye. The waiter proudly described the dish in good English, making sure to indicate that this particular preparation had a “nice kick” of local spices and flavoring.
We passed on bread and soups, saving room for what would surely be a bulky slab of meat.
When waiter Diana returned 30 minutes later, she presented us with 2 enormous plates of Tico beef, with complimentary sides of white rice, black beans, and Pico de Gallo. It took us a good hour to eat, but there was plenty to talk about and see in this bustling Central American metropolis.
Desserts looked good but the tank was full. Off to the Monkey bar for a night cap!
What a meal! We give it 5 stars!